Sunday, April 19, 2009

EIGHT!

...and what a busy "eighth day" it was!

I had a tough time sleeping last night for being sick again, but at least I got a little more than the night before.  Graeme had a campout in the boys' room, so I didn't have to worry about keeping him up.

And then I woke around 5:15, worried that my alarm wasn't going to go off, and envisioning how to finish off my mei-tai...dozed a bit before 7:00, but then gave up and showered so I could be at the church by 8:00.

Had a tough time singing in rehearsal... but... was SOOOOO incredibly blessed during the services.  The people I was working with today made it so *easy* to worship.  Distractions were not there...no, it wasn't perfect, but that's OK.  I thoroughly enjoyed leading in worship today.  It was a long morning, but incredibly refreshing and tiring all at the same time.  God used today to water my soul, just as He did on Wednesday night at rehearsal.  I was happy to 'go out' this way today.  So blessed!!

After we led worship for the second service, I went outside to catch some air (we're not expected to sit in and listen to the sermon again; we just have to be available to close the service).  Then I came back inside and another guy came to talk to me - he plays on another team but helped us out this morning.  It's just so neat to see people sincerely talk to others...not just for what we can do for them, but simply because they care.  What a change for us!

Stuffed myself silly at the Sawmill this afternoon - buffet lunch/celebration for Graeme's grandpa's 85th birthday.  The food was really good, but I totally overate.  Whoops!  Hopefully this doesn't reflect on my weigh-in next on Tuesday!!  Oh well...whatever.  When's the last time I ate at a buffet...?  It's been forever.  For sure.  I'm glad we don't do it all the time!

By the time we picked up the kids and came home, I was ready for a nap.  I don't generally lay down for naps at 5:00, but today I did.  And I slept like a ROCK!  It felt really good - Graeme had the boys outside on the trampoline that he set up last night.  It really enabled me to catch up on some rest a bit and refuel my energy to a degree.  Now Graeme has gone out with his brothers; I am making supper and then the boys will go to bed early-ish.  I will likely work on my mei-tai a bit before an early bedtime tonight.

Baby is coming soon!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment