I actually slept last night.
Graeme took me on a little date, despite the ever-mounting pressure of the last-minute details. Like moving stuff and vacuuming the carpets so the carpet-cleaning guy could come this morning. Anyway, we went to a little Italian place and had sandwiches and salads. Healthy, right? Well, then we went to Marble Slab. Then came home and watched Fireproof. Kind of cheesy acting, but a good movie as far as marriage encouragement goes. I can see how it would appeal to some people, but not others.
Today -
- Carpet cleaning. Graeme will put the house back together later.
- Write thank-you notes for Dustin's birthday party - if I could ever find the list of gifts that I JUST SAW yesterday!!
- Run a few quick errands.
- Finish sewing up the rest of my receiving blankets.
- Repack our labour bag.
- Nap.
- And...maybe even go for a light swim. I feel good enough that I could actually do it today and feel good afterwards - not totally dragged out. If I don't get the swimming done, I'm certainly not going to feel badly.
The rest of my 'to-do' list is getting there... I probably won't get it all done, but I'm feeling very good about how close I've gotten. The exercise goals certainly weren't met, but I am still happy with my efforts - that was the biggest accomplishment in the exercise department that I've made in a long time.
I see people out biking, and I want to BE one of them.
I see people jogging, and I am looking forward to that being me.
I think about swimming without the weight of my belly sinking me, and I wonder how much smoother & faster I'll be in the pool.
As much as I can't wait to do some of these things again, I'm also not entirely ready to not be pregnant any more! (Helps that I'm not in total pain today, hey?)
Melissa - i just wanted to tell you (i don't know if i did??) how much of an encouragement it has been to watch you set out goals & totally give it your all to be a fit mama. You set some pretty unbelievable goals & to be slacking off just a tiny bit in these last precious days, is just fine. All that you have achieved is nothing short of amazing to me... the swim lessons, the discipline, the fun distance goals - those are things that make me think that maybe *i* could do it too.
ReplyDeletei am so proud of you!
Not only that, but i see in your face this glowing, healthful beauty. You did awesome. i think your body will thank you by giving you the l&d you are hoping for!! :)